Sunday, February 1, 2015

#MommaNeedsAKitchen

The day has finally come...we have ordered kitchen cabinets. HALLELUJAH!

It's been 3 long years without a kitchen, yes...that wasn't a typo...THREE years without a kitchen, and I couldn't be more excited to be rejoining civilization.  I can finally stop with the #mommaneedsakitchen tags because momma WILL have a kitchen!

For every decision we've had to make for this reno thus far, I have thought, "Now THIS has to be the hardest decision we've had to make," but this time I'm serious! the kitchen decisions pretty much take the cake for toughest choices to ever have to make.  There's just so much that goes into it, like the layout and workflow, your appliances, the design, the budget, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a lot of fun designing a kitchen, but on the flip side, there's just so much pressure! I'm constantly thinking, "What if I don't like this when its installed?" It all seems so permanent. Sure, nothing's really permanent and you can always redo something, but there's too much money going into this to change it up in a few years...or like ever, so yeah it is pretty permanent and every day I'm second guessing myself.

So after months of researching appliances, looking at houzz.com for inspiration and working with a designer to determine functionality, we have come up with the layout below :)

We decided to work with Cabinet Style Studio on Milwaukee and Helen has been extremely helpful. The cabinets will be solid wood made by Fieldstone Cabinetry and will be marshmallow white with the island being a dark brown color called Java. 


The dark grey areas above are where new walls are going in.





No comments:

Post a Comment