Saturday, September 8, 2012

Preppin' & Paintin'

So this weekend I decided to tackle the foyer. That awful gold color was making me sick, not to mention it was pretty similar to the wood color (and we already know there's LOTS of wood in the foyer) so it just created this overwhelmingly dark, dingy and monochromatic look.  Here are some before shots of the foyer... 








I spent all of Friday night priming the patched areas which look FOREVER since there were so many patched areas!  Here's me in action priming the 5,476,832 patched spots.

  

Saturday morning, I started with the foyer ceiling.  I HATE ceilings...like, seriously, hate ceilings.  After painting a 3'x3' spot on the second floor I was already frustrated and wanted to stop.  Adrian suggested we hire someone to do the ceilings only, but seeing as how I already had everything taped off, the tarps out and the paint poured, I reluctantly kept going. I don't have any action shots of painting the ceiling, but that's probably because I was mad at the world and didn't care about any stupid photos.

After the ceiling, I moved on to the walls!  We decided to go with  neutral grey/taupe color and it's such an improvement!  It instantly brightened the space.  with next year's renovation, we plan to restain all of the wood and make it darker so I think this new paint color will look even better then.

Here's a look at the new color


Finished photos coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment