Sunday, September 9, 2012

This Old Porch

Lyle Lovett has a song entitled "This Old Porch" but his porch must have been nicer because our porch isn't worth singing about.  Our front porch is something I've wanted to fix since day 1 (I even went out and bought porch furniture back in February because I was so excited about it!).  I do love the size of our porch, however, I don't love it's current state.

Adrian and his dad started to scrape and sand this beast today so that we can paint it in a few weeks.  About an hour into it, they decided they needed to go to the store and buy some paint stripper since there was just too many layers of paint. After many more hours, they realized this was going to be a much bigger project than they originally anticipated.




No comments:

Post a Comment